Sunday, October 26, 2014

Singing to the Sea

Rippling sands shine
Framing a network of pools
Stranded by the tide
-JAN 2014
This weekend I've been blessed to enjoy a mini-retreat at the beach. I had no agenda, no obligations, no plan. This has turned out to be a beautiful thing for me. The year has been long, and  large life changes and emotional upsets have accompanied the many blessings and joys.

I have offered my respect and prayers to Poseidon and Aphrodite. I thanked Them for hosting me at their shore and asked them to be kind. I have sung to the sea, meditated on the sand, practiced yoga and simply soaked in the healing power of the ocean.

It may be that I get to visit the sea more often next year. I pray that it is so. Right now my heart is full and my feet are sandy. I feel rested and renewed, with fresh inspiration to share with my students.

Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment