Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Thank You

My dear friend and colleague Amanda Morris blogged about a leather runic headband that I made for her. It was my very favorite kind of commission - she asked me to make her something cool. We chatted about a few ideas, but in the end she said she wanted me to do my thing. As an artisan who comes from a long line of artisans, directions like that are music to my ears. I especially love working with people that I know. That way, I have a general idea of their likes and dislikes. Then I get to let my creativity run wild!

Meanwhile, you ought to check out Amanda - she is a fantastic writer, educator and community leader. In addition to her own blog, she writes for Paranormal Galaxy and PaganSquare. Amanda also collaborated on a new book, Esoteric Mysticism. I can't wait to read it! When she's not writing, Amanda is a co-founder of the Triangle Pagan Alliance, a group devoted to building a strong Pagan community in the Triangle area of North Carolina. She also runs Gaia's Circle, an open circle that runs fantastic rituals and a pretty righteous study group.

Thank you, Amanda, for a lovely writeup and for this chance to highlight your amazing gifts. Share the love, pay it forward - we ARE all stronger together!

Want your very own personalized creation? Check out my Etsy shop and get your own runic headband.


No comments:

Post a Comment