Monday, May 18, 2015

Charge of the Horned God


With thanks to Susan Seddon Boulet
The Pagan Experience - Wk 3- May 18 – Deity and the Divine – This will be the third week’s topic every month and an opportunity for you to share with everyone those who guide, inspire and inform you. Share your favorite invocation or devotional to the Deity of your choice. 

This week, I choose the Charge of the Horned God. There are many invocational and devotional pieces that I love. I've written a few, as well. Today, though, I feel moved to share this particular piece for a good reason. This is how I came up with the name of my coven, Clan of the Wildlings. This explains what a wildling is, and who protects us.


These are the words of the Horned One, whose names are un-numbered:

I am the wild hunter of the forest deep.
I am the fire upon the hill.
I am the sower of the seed
And the tiller of the soil of the earth.
I am the golden warrior
Whose arrows are the shafts from the sun.
The thunder is my hoof fall;
The wilderness my shrine.
I wield the oaken staff,
The elements at my call.
By day I am the sun;
By night I ride upon the wild winds.
I am a stag, a tree and the mountain.
My seed works within the earth's dark womb

For I am the Horned One, Sire of the Universe,
Love and Consort of the Goddess am I.

In the wilderness doth my spirit dwell
And all wildlings and fugitives of oppression
are cherished within my heart.
To these, my hidden children,
I am provider and protector
For all things wild and free
are in my keeping
And all things of beauty and freedom
and love delight me.
Swiftly I come to merriment and laughter, my invocations,
For I am the Lord of all life.

Yet also I have a dark face
For I am Death. The Reaper of Souls.
And terrible is this my dark face
to those who know not the mystery.
Yet to my hidden children,
Who know and love my spirit,
My dark face is also sweet,
For tis the face of deep and hidden wisdom.
I am the giver of knowledge
Life and death are mine to give
From death thou shalt be reborn
unto new life and love.
Therefore seek my spirit and know me
Bright and dark;
Then shalt thou know my mystery.
For I am the Ancient One,
Gentle and fierce:
My faces outnumber the stars:
I am Cernunnos, Herne, Pan, Lugh, the Ancient One

Lord and Sire of the Universe All.

Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment