Monday, June 1, 2015

Universal Law of Attraction

The Pagan Experience - WK 1- June 1 -Magnetism and the Law of Attraction –  What do you strive to attract to yourself? What actions have you taken to bring this into manifest form? How does this quality of magnetism inform your spiritual and mundane life?


"At the quantum level, reality does not exist if you are not looking at it," 

- Associate Professor Andrew Truscott from the ANU Research School of Physics and Engineering FULL ARTICLE
  
What the above quote illustrates is that science has yet again uncovered a truth that supports the wisdom of the ancients: we create our own reality. I have been saying this since I was a schoolchild.

I can clearly remember telling anyone who would listen to wake up. Generally, I did this in Italian. Svegliare! Wake up, I would say. You create your own reality. Understand that your will and your observation literally change reality, every moment of every day. Create something awesome, do whatever you like, but do it consciously.

Creating your reality, making magic, using your will…this is really about attracting what you want to you. We don't create something out of nothing, according to the Law of Conservation of Energy. No, we induce it to change form. Yet another idea in which metaphysics agrees with science! 

Imagine any TV or movie portrayal of magic. They will wave a wand, wiggle their nose or what have you and poof, a full dinner appears out of thin air. This isn't how the Law of Attraction [sic: magic] works. No, instead, we get what we give. So perhaps we offer what small snack we have to someone, and they share their feast with us. That actually happened to me this weekend. I didn't have much food to bring on a river trip, but I offered what I had to my companions and they generously shared their snacks with me. Everybody wins!

The Universal Law of Attraction says that like attracts like. I don't see how magnetism is related to this concept. Magnetism is about opposing forces that attract. This runs counter to the Law of Attraction. If we commit hateful acts, magnetism would dictate receiving positive acts, while the Law of Attraction would dictate receiving hateful acts. But truly, it's not so simple.

Just like the concept of karma, I have found that the Law of Attraction is not a one to one, immediate thing. What I have found instead is that I am confronted with people or situations who mirror my behavior when I'm least expecting it. 

I strive to attract compassion, acceptance and new discoveries. I accomplish my goals via a number of methods, including visualization, right action, spell work and meditation. Like most people, I have more mundane goals too, like greater financial independence and security. In that area, I take concrete actions like continuing education, networking and applying for jobs along with the energetic actions. 

This idea of attraction permeates my whole life. It is central to my concept of spirituality, this idea that we can all create change in our lives and in the world. It is how I live my life, because to me, it's all the same. Whether I'm in front of an altar or driving down the road, the choices I make change my life. Every day, all the time. I try to make choices in keeping with my goals. Like everyone else, this is challenging at times. But it's also better than the alternative!



No comments:

Post a Comment