Friday, February 14, 2014

Divine Energy, Love and other Thoughts


What is the Divine? Who has a lock on spiritual truth? Is there a design inherent in our universe? Questions like these swirl through our consciousness and seem to be a big point of division these days. Which is ironic, if you think about it. The spark of divinity is something that all human beings share. I'd like to believe that we can all agree on this point, at the very least. On optimistic days, I believe we can agree. More cynical days, I make an internal sad face and keep dancing.

I believe that all the life forms on this Earth (and possibly the rest of the universe too, but I don't know them yet) are connected by energy. The life force within us all (call it qi, ki, prana, spirit, etc.) connects us and collectively  forms the Divine (macrocosm). Human beings are one drop in this ocean of beings, and as such are a microcosm. A microcosm contains the blueprint of the macrocosm within it, and is a powerful thing - containing both the power of the individual and the collective. Each of us is Divine and powerful, yet part of something larger than ourselves...god is us and we are god, get it? So there is no deity that is separate from us, no centralized intelligence that is judging us every day.

But we as humans create person-like thought-forms for the Divine to make it easier to relate to, and that's ok. All of us see them differently and they are all valid. Here, let me say that again: your God and my Gods are one and the same, yet individual and real for YOU and ME and that guy over there and all the gals around the world. 

It is also true that the Gods exist in their own right. Sure, it's a paradox. Get used to it. Life is full of paradoxes.

Also, this Divine energy is a force of creation and connection. It's love in it's purest form. Love, which maybe we should redefine as emotional gravity. Gravity draws objects toward the center of the earth; love draws objects together. Divinity has been heralded as a source of inspiration for poets, artists, sages and philosophers through the ages. I think it is also a powerful mirror. We become fully present in the world when we know ourselves, and the mysterious force of Divine love can draw us in to our center. 

I also believe that belief is a scary and powerful thing. So I believe things, but not 110%. Maybe 98% or so. I could be wrong about all of this. Or more likely, as a human being, I will simply never understand the true nature of reality and of the Divine. 

And therein lies the rub, no? None of us really know. Not in a factual way. I feel my truth in the center of my being, like a sort of glow and it makes me feel like humming. But is it a fact that the Earth is a sentient ball of interconnected beings and that various Gods and Goddesses run around helping and hindering humanity? Maybe not. But then again, maybe it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment