Sunday, November 15, 2015

Spiritual Goals

At the archery range 12/16/2010
The Pagan Experience - Wk 2- November 9: Spiritual Goals! What are they? Is there an expiration date? How do you set them and what is required to achieve them?

What a fascinating prompt! I don't believe that I've ever consciously set a spiritual goal. The story of my spiritual path has been a relentless desire to know, to become, and to heal. But what is it that I want to know? Everything. Curiosity is the fuel that drives my endless quest. Life is mystery, and I'm like some little spiritual bear, lumbering along, nibbling fruits, and following my nose.

That being said, I do have a secret yearning:
  • I want my very presence to fill people with peace. Just by being around me, people will experience an awakening or a healing. This wish no doubt comes to me via my studies in Yoga. Gurus and Yoga masters are like this. I hope I get there someday. My healing clients often tell me that they feel this way around me, but that's not my 24/7 state of being...yet.

Here are some things I want to accomplish. I'm not sure if they belong in this category, but they are spiritually focused:
  • Create a sacred grove. My dream is to find one with a natural spring and some old trees that would only require a bit of refinement/manicuring.
  • Create a mystery school to teach the old/new ways. I'm doing this on a small scale now in training coveners, but I want to have a comprehensive, established program with a cadre of teachers. I'm looking at you, Autumn Pulstar and Super Duper Space Witch!

Here are some things I'm working on right now:
  • Journey/trance work - do it on command, travel with a mission, get smoother at leading others.
  • Spirit work - get over my fear and get more confident. 
  • Pranayama - there is a breathing technique that raises the body temperature enough to endure any climate. Ancient yogis could melt snow off of their body.
  • Pineal gland - decalcify my pineal gland and strengthen psychic abilities.
  • Sound healing - does this belong in here? It's for my career, but it's also a deeply spiritual practice.
  • Blood mysteries - the sacred cycles of woman. This is a project I'm working on for my coven.
Huh. Well, it appears that I do have some goals! The only expiration date in all of these is the grove and the school. Obviously, I'd like to get that done ASAP and in this lifetime. All the rest...they will be completed in due time. I'm working toward all of these goals with research, study and practice. The pineal gland goal also involves diet, eating whole foods and drinking filtered water.

Like everything else in my spiritual path, I don't consciously set these goals. Case in point, I didn't even realize I had goals until I wrote this post. I just...go where the path leads.


No comments:

Post a Comment