Tuesday, March 11, 2014

2014 Savings Challenge - Weekly Update

During the past week, I did some additional calculations for the 2014 Pagan Savings Challenge. In order to meet my $2000 goal, I would have to save an average of $38.46 per week. I've given this some thought, and at this point, that is not a realistic expectation for me. So I am re-adjusting my plan back to the standard 52 Week Money Challenge (increasing amounts each week, $52 maximum). Right now, I'm ahead of schedule, so I did not make a contribution this week.

I also opened an account with a credit union, which will help this effort in a few weeks. They have lower fees than the commercial bank I'm with now, and they also offer multiple savings accounts. So once my paperwork is complete, I will have several great things:
  1. Separate accounts for business and personal banking.
  2. Personal general savings account.
  3. Money market savings account in which I will deposit 2014 Savings Challenge funds.
So we'll see. My business goes up and down, and I had a bunch of expenses in the last two weeks. It will swing up again, and I will contribute more than the plan once more. My goal right now is to stay committed and be flexible. 

How are your savings efforts going?

No comments:

Post a Comment