Thursday, March 13, 2014

Dreams of a Coven

I have a dream of a coven to be. One that, at present, exists only in my heart. Much as I love my coven of wonderful witches, there is something else I want to do. Something I want to create. An adventure that has not yet begun. An idea growing within me that simply will not be silent.

I want to create a coven that is focused on Artemis and Pan. This group will welcome members of both genders (perhaps even youths), and we will worship and celebrate a balance between Goddess and God. The mission of the group will be to celebrate and nurture balance of body, mind and spirit.

Here are some of the things I envision us doing as a group:
  • Celebrating the 8 Sabbats and 13 Esbats
  • Special festivals for our patrons 
  • Meditation
  • Camping and backpacking (exploring lakes, rivers, mountains, forests)
  • Yoga
  • Pranayama (breathing exercises)
  • Chanting
  • Drumming and dancing
  • Archery practice
  • Woods skills (survival, fire, leave no trace camping, edible plants, etc)
  • Star mysteries
  • Hunting (with bow or camera)
  • Walking meditation
  • Periodic silence practice
  • Music
  • Energy healing

The only thing I lack at this point is members. I've got a dream, I've got a vision, I even have a place for us to gather...but no people. Are you out there? 

I call to you in the name of Artemis of the Peaks, Lady of Wild Beasts, Silver Huntress of the Moon.

I call to you in the name of the Great God Pan, Goat-footed, God of the Hunt.

Come to me, brothers and sisters. Let us go together into the wilds. Let us dance and drum, let us sing, let us live free!

So mote it be.

4 comments:

  1. If you put it out into the Universe, the Universe listens!

    best of love and luck for you and your beautiful vision! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have put the call for a coven out to the Universe as well! Curious-where are you located?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in NC, Amy. Send me a link to your blog, I'd love to see what you wrote about your coven call! Did you put it up on Witchvox?

    ReplyDelete