Monday, March 10, 2014

Winter Pagan Fitness Challenge: Weekly Update 3

This week I committed to rehabbing my sleep schedule, and I was successful. I did really well with my self-care routine for the majority of the week. Fitness, not so much. But most categories were really good until this weekend. I got some truly awful personal news, and I'm still reeling from it. The Track & Share app has become more and more helpful. Now I'm at the point of being able to look at a couple of weeks of graphs, and it's already instructive. Imagine the benefit of months worth of data!


Fitness - I practiced archery. The only other progress to note is that I ordered a new martial arts staff.

Diet - I did pretty well this week. Starting to see a pattern that I do ok when I have my regular routine going during the week, then it falls apart on weekends. One cheat day is ok, but two is a bit much. Will have to think about what I can do to improve this trend.

Air - I did some pranayama this week! I began a routine from Ayurvedic medicine, and it included a reminder for pranayama, so that happened a few times. Good stuff. Some communication issues this week that were very challenging. I think we chanted OM at yoga class, need to add in chanting to my daily practice.

Fire - Yoga practice was good this week. Practiced music two days. Got a few supplies for an upcoming art project. Still can't find a group Yoga class to attend. I've now researched all the options in my area and none fit my needs. I may try a class with an instructor I attended a massage class with, even though it's described as flow yoga.

Water - Another tough week emotionally, on two different fronts.

Earth - Sleep was good this week and it's amazing how much it improved my mood and energy levels. Even though I know how important sleep is, I got trapped in that harmful cycle! Went to my first doctor's appointment. Still waiting to hear about lab results, but everything was normal overall. Sad news was that I was forced to see my weight expressed in numbers. It was higher than I thought. Fresh inspiration for this challenge, let me tell you! This was the category I put my goal of Ayurvedic practices into - this is the week I began experimenting with them. I'll post about that separately next week.

Spirit - Much better week for meditation, devotionals and gratitude journal. 

Link to original Winter Pagan Fitness Challenge post for those who want to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment