Sunday, March 2, 2014

Winter Pagan Fitness Challenge: Weekly Update 2


My second week of the Winter Pagan Fitness Challenge was just as busy as the first, but a lot more stressful and difficult on an emotional level. Like most people, high stress means less healthy methods of coping. I'm working to improve that fact, but I still have my days. More late nights, too.

How did I do this week?

Fitness - I did not get any hiking in this week. I attended a two hour Master Class in Yoga, which was challenging. I'm starting to think that I may need to schedule additional exercise on my calendar. Yoga is every morning, but the other stuff seems to take a back burner to work 100% of the time. Part of the problem is that my favorite form of exercise is hiking, which takes a long time. Now that it's warming up, I'll start my own martial arts practice again. Winter made that impossible as I didn't have enough space inside. I don't do the gym anymore, so it's a good thing that spring is almost here!

Diet - I got breakfast muffins made about halfway through the week, which was a help. But not the best week with food - there was some pizza and pasta happening.

Air - Still no pranayama, but I did pretty well with communication in general. Got some new books this week, including one on mudras. I used it already, w00t!

Fire - More daily Yoga practice this week. Sleep was still an issue. I added music practice to my daily tracking app, but I only practiced on Thursday. Will do some today!

Water - Tough week emotionally.

Earth - I got massage cupping this week for the first time. I had a strong emotional reaction to it, which is a good thing. It unblocked something or another. I also got my very first doctor's appointment scheduled since I got my new health insurance plan (thanks, Obama!). Again, it was a tough week, so I didn't do as well with self-care as I would like.

Spirit - Much better week for morning devotionals and gratitude journal, but meditation was down. I worked a lot late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment