Sunday, March 16, 2014

Winter Pagan Fitness Challenge: Weekly Update 4

The official end to this fitness challenge is in three days, so this is my final weekly post about it. Having said that, I am continuing with my challenge plan. I am going to post about my related and concurrent self-experiment with a daily Ayurvedic routine. More on that later!

Overall, I feel that my results are good. Focusing on the plan, tracking it and reviewing my progress is helpful for me. Also, re-building structure and routine in my life is helpful. With all that I have going on, it does require planning to make it all happen!

This week I committed to upping my exercise levels. I was successful with that, but Yoga and meditation were down. I was struggling with some personal and business issues, and I’m proud to say that I handled them a little bit better than I have in the past. I didn’t get very far off track with my self-care program. 

This week's results:

Fitness – Two hikes during the week. My new staff arrived (I like it, but it needs a little work) and I have practiced martial arts twice.

Diet – A pretty good week. I did throw a dinner party on Thursday and that was a major food and wine event, but I’m okay with that. We only have them every other month or so. I did eat mostly home-cooked food this week, so that was a good thing.

Air – I did very little Yoga this week, so pranayama was also low. Fail! Time to post a reminder in my workroom! I finalized some plans for environmental education classes, so that was good progress.

Fire – I just wasn’t feeling the Yoga this week. I wrote a good amount. Three days of music practice, hurray!

Water – Yet another tough emotional week. It is so challenging for me to set healthy boundaries and stand up for what I need. I am doing it, but I still feel guilty about it sometimes. I put boundaries under Air for communication in my plan, but it’s an emotional trigger for me, so I’m talking about it here in Water.

Earth - Sleep was good this week. Heard back from my doctor about lab results. My cholesterol levels are slightly elevated, and the doctor is concerned that the ratio is off. I am now taking fish oil to correct that situation. I’m also Vitamin D deficient, so I’m on a prescription-strength supplement. She also said more cardio. I decided to make a Meetup that I lead, Reflective Hike, a weekly event to further motivate me to make time for exercise.

Spirit – With all the emotional upset, it was a really spotty week for meditation and daily devotionals. I’m feeling anxious.

Link to original Winter Pagan Fitness Challenge post for those who want to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment